I have looked far and wide to find the best way to take care of my hair, and in my journey these are some of the helpful things I learned:
- Washing your hair with cold water instead of warm water lessens damage.
- In addition to that Blowdrying your hair with cold air instead of hot air also gives less damage (I do know not everyone has these expensive hair dryers).
- Heat deviant products are not just for straightening your hair! The sun actually does damage your hair, and fades colour. So using heat protecting spray/ cream helps.
- Hair brushes and combs actaully get build up of all the products you use so it is a good idea to regularly clean them.
- Everyone has diffrent hair so I can't say what works for you, but experiment to get the perfect shampoo and conditioner (I like elvive and dove).
- Don't towel dry your hair (never roughly). It takes the moisture out of your hair.
- Try a leave in conditioner, hair treatment (once a week at the most, the protein in some of these products can have the opposite effect of what you want if used too often) and dry shampoo. These are great products.
- Instead of washing with shampoo , try just shampooing the roots of your hair and applying conditioner to the ends.
- Regularly go to get rid of dry ends, this will ultimately leave hair healthy and it will grow faster.
- If you are not sure of a haircolour try l'Oreal Paris casting creme gloss (it is demi-permanent and will wash out). Or Colour extreme hair art.
- chlorine in pools can fade or change your hair colour.
- Use a colour locking product after dying hair to keep the colour.
- If you regularly colour hair it is better to buy expensive shampoos and conditioners that you will get at a hair salon (it is well worth it).
- You will not always get the right colour with D.I.Y hair colour at home as the box show results on virgin hair. If you have coloured your hair before remember most dyes have a red undertone.
- By taking vitamins A,C or E and eating foods rich in anti-oxidents and omega 3 fatty acids you will impove the heath and shine of your hair.
- You can make a D.I.Y hair mask with avacado oil, egg yolk and your favourite conditioning treatment.
- Some of my personal favourite hair products are: TRESemme Smooth heat defence creme serum, L'Oreal Parir elvive total repair conditioning restaring spray, Sunsilk for damage hair daily oil moisturising spray, TRESemme anti-breakage heat defence styling spray, Dove intensive repair deep repair treatment mask (keep in mind these might not be what works for you).
(I do not take credit for these images)